A new concept that had the purpose to attract new ideas and startups in which Imprezzio could invest 25.000 $ or more, if the ideas / startups have the potential to become a product or a business.
Anyone who had an idea or a start-up, no matter at what stage of development, was invited to join the Idea Challenge competition. The participants were able to enroll their teams starting with August 15th and they had to take 3 steps before pitching their ideas in front of the jury. The number of teams that initially enrolled was 41 and 35 succeeded to pitch their ideas/ startups in front of our jury.
The pitching sessions were held on October 3rd and each team had 15 minutes to impress the jury. With a Swiss precision, our jury managed to see all 35 teams in one day and they invited 8 teams for further discussions on the second day.
The teams that attained to get our jury`s attention are:
- App4autism – A novel approach for improving the lives of those affected by autism by bringing continuity and control to users via technology based on scientific research.
- Smart read – Creative educational application that makes reading and quizzing an integrative part of any curriculum.
- Econ – An idea that wants to create cleaner/ greener cities via an innovative HW/SW solution that optimizes waste collection.
- Uxrecord – The solution provides a framework and data+ visualization of mobile app usage that allows developers to better optimize the user experience.
- Samenow – connect to business contacts who are nearby through an innovative social app.
- Websnatchers – A solution for the otherwise chaotic mess that is heterogeneous ERP environments by streamlining and simplifying component apps like time tracking, project management.
- Heatup – Finally someone is solving one of the most frustrating things in life –temperature control.
- Consix – This group has a solution for ERP that focuses on productivity gains through the use of predictive algorithms that will reduce data entry time and mistakes.
The teams that had the best ideas according to the jury after the pitching sessions were App4 Autism, Smart Read and Econ.
Extended discussions are still ongoing with App4 Autism and Econ and we are impatient to see the results in the following period.
After this year`s success of Idea Challenge we are already thinking of having a second edition of Idea Challenge as the teams and the ideas that enrolled to this first edition made us confident that there are still great ideas out there that need to be brought to the light.